Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:58:50 +0100
From:      Bruno Ducrot <ducrot@poupinou.org>
To:        Pavel Argentov <argentoff@rtelekom.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri <almarrie@gmail.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD Turion64 X2 works with PowerNow! thank you Bruno

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:05:43PM +0300, Pavel Argentov wrote:
> Abdullah Ibn Hamad Al-Marri wrote:
>
> >I have been working with Mr. Bruno for few days, and finally PowerNow!
> >works with no hanging issues at all, I used the new powernow.c
> >provided by Bruno attached.
>
> Just to settle mess in my brains: it fixes the co-existence of powernow
>  thing in cpufreq driver and powerd?

It introduce a workaround for one hardware bug, and it support now
more AMD processors.  So yes, this should fix hangs if powerd
is activated.

Note that people reported another problems but with acpi_throttle,
which happens to be a complete different problem.
my best guess for now is that the lapic timer is stopped when
the processor is throttled, and desactivating apic will
help to see if that guess is correct.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.