Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 03:36:37 -0800
From:      "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
To:        Olivier Cortes <receiver@deep-ocean.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "Houben,G.J.J. (Geert)" <G.Houben@fontys.nl>, owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: easiest way to update all port files

Easiest way to cvsup ports is to use the "make update" feature.

Install the cvsup-bin from ports

Copy the relevant cvsup lines from the /etc/defaults/make.conf to the
/etc/make.conf

Edit to your situation, you can also edit the
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile to only retrieve the ports you
want.

cd /usr/src

make update

Olivier Cortes <receiver@deep-ocean.net>