Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:22:02 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Cam <cpkarnes@hillsdale.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disk mounter panel utility in gnome

Cam wrote:

> I've configured necessary files to allow user mounting
> through the console, but the diskmounter still doesnt work.
> This is the error message I get.  It works as root, of course.
>
> *Cannot mount device
>
> *"mount /home/Orbo/Floppy 2>1&1" reported:
> mount: /home/Orbo/Floppy: unknown special file or file system

Command doesn't look right to me.  What device node are
you trying to mount onto /home/Orbo/Floppy?  Looks as
if the shell thinks your redirection is part of the mount(8)
call.  What else have you tried?

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.

MOUNT(8)                FreeBSD System Manager's Manual

NAME
     mount -- mount file systems

SYNOPSIS
     mount [-adfpruvw] [-F fstab] [-o options] [-t ufs | external_type]
     mount [-dfpruvw] special | node
     mount [-dfpruvw] [-o options] [-t ufs | external_type] special node