Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 13:14:08 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Joe Clarke" <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: removeing sound card from kernel binary

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

Since all the hardware and software componets like IPFW, nated,
user ppp and the like that I use is defined in the kernel source
that I have recompiled, I really have no need for any of the
load on demand modules that the normal compile includes for
me by default.

If I issue   make depend && make NO_MODULES=YES && make install
The compile will take less time and the resulting binary will be
smaller in size and have no ill effects on my current environment.