Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 17:40:30 -0800
From:      "Joseph T. Lee" <nugundam@nerv.nu>
To:        Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Subject:   Re: Installing apache with a dynamic IP address

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 08:46:15AM -0700, Duke Normandin wrote:
> I know InterNIC has to be paid for an IP address, but what about

You pay your ISP for an IP.

> domain names? If I want to be known as stampeder.ab.ca, I've heard

You pay InterNIC, or whomever else for a domain name.

> tell that registering this name would be free. Do you know if this
> is true? Do you know where I could find out? Tia...

Go read the registrar pages.  The domain name registrar places that I'm aware
of are not free; I pay $25 per year for mine.

--
Joseph nugundam =best=com==/==\=IIGS=/==\=Playstation=/==\=Civic HX CVT=/==\
#            Anime Expo 2000            >> www.anime-expo.org/              >