Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:26:05 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Subject:   Re: problem updating INDEX

--nextPart1960335.3NGMY0csla

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 20:51, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	Running:
>
> FreeBSD jerusalem.litteratus.org 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0:
> Mon Jul 24 11:29:26 EDT 2006
>
> 	suddenly last night I get this as part of the nightly run:
>
> huff@>> /usr/local/sbin/portsdb -Uu
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
> wait.."/usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk", line 353: WITH_FORTRAN and
> WITHOUT_FORTRAN can't both be set. =3D=3D=3D> lang/gfortran failed
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error
>
> 	I was going to rack this up to a file not copied someplace
> ... but then I realized this line in /etc/make.conf may be the
> culprit:
>
> NO_FORTRAN=3D	true
>
> 	What is the correct and durable solution?  I don't use FORTRAN,
> and so want it out for all the usual reasons.  But if this mucks up
> the ports system, I'll leave it in.
>

> 				Robert Huff

I had the same problem with that line in my make.config. But since I also=20
trimmed a bunch of stuff out of my ports tree there's no way I can build an=
=20
index locally. I just do a make fetchindex from /usr/ports and call it good.

Beech
=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com