Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 1996 20:46:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports INDEX browser update

> Ok; the 64-dollar question : could we replace the termCanvas widget
> with the Tcl text widget?  If this can be done at runtime, then we win
> with a 'term' (rather than 'text') widget that knows how to execute
> programs and disply their output.

I don't see why not.  The termCanvas and the term widgets are
independant, and the "ComBlock" (Communications Block) structure is
used to pass requests back and forth (basically a request code and
some registers for holding value).  As long as you had some code to
read the comblock and DTRT with the requests contained therein upon a
Tk text widget, I don't see a problem.

> > Yeah, Michael's a pretty motivated ports maintainer.  My pattern is
>
> *ouch* 8)  Ok, ok, what do I have to fix?

No, I meant Michael Elbel.  "*Beep* - Name space collision, invalidate
cache and linear search by last name." :-)

					Jordan