Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:09:52 -0400
From:      Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        phantom@FreeBSD.org, audit@FreeBSD.org, ache@FreeBSD.org, des@FreeBSD.org, jabley@automagic.org
Subject:   Re: whois(1) new features for review

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:52:36PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> I'd think 'deprecated' means 'scheduled for complete removal, but let's
> not remove it just yet, so we can give people some time; some people
> are probably used to typing "whois -R", let's give a meaningful error
> message in the meantime'.  I guess it will be removed in the future.

Peter is correct.  It was my intention to slowly phase it out, but now
that I think about it, if I completely remove the -R option, getopt(3)
will tell the user that it's an illegal option and display the usage.
I think this is enough to motivate a user to read the man page, so I'm
going to completely remove the -R option before committing.

Best regards,
Mike Barcroft