Date:      Sat, 01 Aug 1998 16:28:37 -0700
From:      solomon heard <sol@pugetsound.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   US robotics 56k modems

I own a USR 56k x2 modem. Previously I could long on to my ISP a 46666 to
49333. Recently I used a modem upgrade program found on the USR web site. I
is suppose to upgrade my modem the new V.90 protocol. Afterwards I could
only connect at 31200..After calling USR they told go to the Control
panel>modems>connections>advanced screen and type S32=66 in the extra
settings block.

This is sets the modem back to x2 and now I can connect at 36000.

1) My question is can you tell me how to increase my connection speeds?
2) Set my modem to only connect at speeds between 46666 and 49333?

Thanks,