Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/40748: Cannot make subversion

The following reply was made to PR ports/40748; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To: JY <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:43:28 -0400

 On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 12:01:03PM +0800, JY wrote:

 > While makeing /usr/ports/subversion , the folloowing error occurred:
 > su-2.05a# make
 > ===>  Configuring for subversion-r2376
 > configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
 > creating config.nice
 > configure: Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library configuration
 > checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is incorrect. It must specify an install prefix, a
 > build directory, or an apr-config file.
 > ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
 >       Please report the problem to rooneg@electricjellyfish.net [maintainer]
 >       and attach the
 >       "/usr/ports/devel/subversion/work/subversion-r2376/config.log" including
 >       the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good
 >       idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
 >       (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
 > *** Error code 1

 do you have the devel/apr port installed, and if so what version?  if
 you have the previous version of the port installed (which used to be
 named apr-devel), you will need to uninstall it and install the up to
 date version.

 it would be useful if you could email me the contents of config.log
 and the output of pkg_info on this machine so i could try to get a
 better idea what's going on.

 -garrett

 --
 garrett rooney                    Remember, any design flaw you're
 rooneg@electricjellyfish.net      sufficiently snide about becomes