Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 08:54:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Another potential ncurses issue... (or x3270?)

I just installed the tn3270 package from 4.1-RELEASE
and tried to use it...

It dumps core, and when you look at core file in gdb,
it seems to be an infinite recursive loop in ncurses.

  setupterm()
  tgetent()
  setupterm()
  tgetent()
  setupterm()
  tgetent()

I haven't look at the x3270 sources yet, but I do
notice that ncurses has a function named setupterm()
(which is probably called by tgetent().)   If the
x3270 sources also have this function *poof* recursive
loop...

In an interesting twist of IP routing, I can't
go grab the x3270 sources at the moment to rebuild
a debuggable version... but, this e-mail while
"go out" due to a fall-back to a 56K modem...
a long story of only being half-way converted
to DSL :-)   In any event, when I can get to
"the net" again, I'll grab the x3270 sources to
see what's happening...

	- Dave Rivers -

--
rivers@dignus.com                         Work: (919) 676-0847