Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:27:37 +0100
From:      Martin Moeller <mm@bsdsi.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Determine ip address on tun0 for use with ipfw

Hello, list!

I just read some documentation on ipfw, and also found example
configuration files that can be used as a template.

Now, I'm sitting in front of such a file and want to adapt it for
my needs. But the first problem is already there:

The file uses variables for the inside and outside interfaces.
The inside interface is clear: It uses a normal 192.168.. address. But
the outside interface is a DSL modem. The ethernet card is vr0 and uses
10.0.0.1, but the actual interface needed here is tun0 which gets a new
ip address every time the PPP connection is established.

How can I get my ip address into my rc.firewall script?

Regards,
Martin

--
Martin Möller <mm at bsdsi.com>        http://www.bsdsi.com/
GnuPG/PGP DSA ID: 0x3C979285                  ICQ # 82221572