Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:56:33 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>
Cc:        The Quest <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: freed.dyn.ez-ip.net weekly run output

Spidey wrote:

> locate.code: stdout: No space left on device
>
> First, "No space left on device"?? Which device?? stdout?

locate.code must have been run with its stdout connected to a file, e.g.
"locate.code > /tmp/foo", in which case it would be the filesystem which
/tmp/foo is on.

> Humm... should I symlink /tmp to /var/tmp? (/usr/tmp is already
> symlink to /var/tmp...)

Sounds like a good idea.

> Second, why the '0'?

I remember seeing that, I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Read the 310.locate script, and any programs it calls, if you really
want to find out where it comes from, I can't see where offhand (it may
have been removed -- what version are you using?)

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and