Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:31:17 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <egravel@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems cvsuping for kernel

Kent Stewart wrote:

> Emmanuel Gravel wrote:
> >
> > When updating the sources with the supfile created by
> > cvsupit, cvsup doesn't download the /usr/src/sys/crypto
> > dir. Is there any other tag to place in other than src-all
> > in the supfile to download that dir? I don't want to get
> > all the sources for everything since I don't have that
> > much space to spare on my hard drive and don't intend on
> > making world. What tags do I need in the supfile, other
> > than src-all, to get all the sources to compile a proper
> > kernel, without having to get all the other sources?
>
> Crypto is part of src-all now. You can comment it out. You didn't miss
> anything on your cvsup. You just received an informative message.
>
> Kent

OK, but when I cvsup'ed WITH crypto is placed it in /usr/src/crypto.
I commented everything and added the src-all. It's my understanding
that that upgrades EVERYTHING (which I don't want). Isn't there a
way to get it to only update the source tree to get all the kernel
sources and only the kernel sources?

Which brings me to my second thread, where I can't seem to get the
kernel, and only the kernel, to compile properly. I'm running a 4.0-
RELEASE system, upgraded from CD.

Thank!

Emmanuel