Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 1996 07:41:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
To:        ache@nagual.ru (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        dgy@rtd.com, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nntp diffs

> Please, submit context diffs next time.

Yeah, sorry... I just grabbed the diff file I had laying around to
verify all the changes were in place  <:-(  If need be, I'll reroll
the diffs...

> > 372c372
> > < #	define SUFFIX ".th"
> > ---
> > > #	define SUFFIX "/.thread"
>
> This one looks suspicious. Is it file name suffix or what?

Yes.  A hack to allow specification of a unique THREAD_DIR
(so thread info can be maintained outside /var/news/name/of/group)
yet allow the THREAD_DIR to be symlinked onto the normal news
hierarchy (e.g. symlinked to /var/news) and look like it was
*always* that way...

--don