Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 20:13:43 -0700
From:      Scott Sewall <scott@redlinenetworks.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sewall@ix.netcom.com, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cannot fetch gnomeprint-0.34

--------------070201000807020400070208

After a new install of FreeBSD-4.5-RELEASE , I'm unable to install the
gnome meta-port (gnome-1.4.1b2_1) using sysinstall because of a failure
to install gnomeprint-0.34. (required by bonobo-1.0.18).

The error message is: Unable to fetch package gnomeprint-0.34 from
selected media.

I tried ftp.freebsd.org and ftp2.freebsd.org as the ftp distribution site.

This has been broken for many months now.  I've experienced the problem
in previous installs and resorted to building the package from ports,
hoping someone else would report it.  Bradford Castalia
<Castalia@azstarnet.com> reported the problem to ports@FreeBSD.org on
2/17/2002. There was also a report filed ( pr=36428
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=36428>; ) that's been closed.

What needs to be done to get this fixed?

-- Scott

--------------070201000807020400070208

<head>
</head>
After a new install of FreeBSD-4.5-RELEASE , I'm unable to install the gnome
meta-port (gnome-1.4.1b2_1) using sysinstall because of a failure to install
gnomeprint-0.34. (required by bonobo-1.0.18).<br>
The error message is: Unable to fetch package gnomeprint-0.34 from selected
media.<br>
I tried <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="ftp://ftp.freebsd.org">ftp.freebsd.org</a>; and ftp2.freebsd.org as the ftp distribution site.<br>
This has been broken for many months now. &nbsp;I've experienced the problem in
someone else would report it. &nbsp;Bradford Castalia <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:Castalia@azstarnet.com">&lt;Castalia@azstarnet.com&gt;</a>
reported the problem to <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ports@FreeBSD.org">ports@FreeBSD.org</a> on 2/17/2002. There was also a
report filed (<a href="http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=36428">;
pr=36428</a>
) that's been closed.<br>
What needs to be done to get this fixed?<br>
-- Scott<br>