Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:17:14 -0600
From:      "Andras Kende" <andras@kende.com>
To:        "'Tim Aslat'" <tim@spyderweb.com.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Remote hardware identification

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Tim Aslat
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:56 PM
To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Remote hardware identification

Hi All,

I have a remote server which I inherited which I have no real
specifications for except the basic dmesg output.  This machine needs
more RAM and rather than buying 5 sticks of varying types for the job,
is there some way to identify the type of ram needed?  All I know is
that it's a P4 class machine with DDR ram, I'm just not sure of the
speed.  Or is it possible to mix'n'match the ram speeds?

Thinks in advance

Tim

--
Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>