Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:27:09 -0800
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        FreeBDS <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Thunderbird and Firefox dead after portupgrade

I just updated my ports collection this morning and upgraded all out of
date ports, including thunderbird and firefox.  Now typing thunderbird
or firefox on the command line does absolutely nothing.  firefox or
thunderbird do not show up in ps (checked using ps -auwx | grep
firefox).  No error messages are displayed.  The only clue is that the
return code is 1.

Sample session:
trisha% firefox
trisha% echo $?
1
trisha%

The only thing in /usr/ports/UPDATING on firefox is from 2004.

I upgraded my ports by using the script generated by "portversion -c",
which uses portupgrade and just lists the names of the ports on the line
(eg portupgrade firefox thunderbird otherstuff).  This is on a
6.0-RELEASE-p6 system.

uname -a
FreeBSD trisha.eidolonworld 6.0-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p6 #0:
Thu Mar 23 19:38:49 PST 2006
root@trisha.eidolonworld:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TRISHA  i386

Any clues on what's wrong?

Thanks,