Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:12:58 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@fmjassoc.com>
To:        list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Wine

I did a direct install.  I'm aware of the report and have read it many
times.  I thought I'd give it a go from the original CD, as I don't have
a Linux machine around.  One advantage I have is that I have a version
for "Small Business" so I don't have to worry about Access.  I had no
issues with files not being found, as the report mentioned, so that part
seems to be in error.

The install terminates part way through, and IE is not installed.
Still, the files are extracted, the DLLs are installed, and it almost
works.

I may just copy over the files from my Win98 box, and update the Wine
registry for it.  That may work better.

Frank