Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:07:35 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot use sysinstall

Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net> wrote:

> Do you want the long answer or the short answer? Since you didn't use the
> -q (quiet) argument in the subject, I think you may want the long one *g*

> 4. Biggest question: why is your /usr/lib/aout polluted? Libncurses.so.4
> would be referring to a newer version, not the one in the FreeBSD source
> tree, and not the intended one to be used. I would assume if you copied it
> from /usr/local/lib to there it's alright and you just missed
> libncurses.so.4.0. If that's not the case, you've got something wrong when

> 5. Why the heck do you even have to ask this, rather than recompiling
> sysinstall? *LART*

***

I can't fully understand your first question. What do you mean about "quiet"
argument in the subject ? Please remember, english isn't my native language.
Far away from this, I haven't ever teached it.
I remember that under /usr/lib/aout was libncurses.so.4 not *.so.4.0 and this
was just after make world and I haven't copied anything by hand. Under /usr/
local/lib I don't have any curses library, only bunch of graphics libraries
and tk libraries and so on.
Why I don't compile sysinstall ? Because I don't know how to do that. Yes,
anybody is able to type "make all" but, as I understand, modifying sources
needs further knowledge. For example your posting is the first time I heard
about major and minor numbering and I think that sounds weird for you.
Anyway, this problem is gone away and I'm sad about answers like this.

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee