Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 1995 21:20:36 -0500
From:      peter@taronga.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   disklabel and file system differences between 1.1 and 2.0.5...

In the course of upgrading to 2.0.5 I have reached a point where I want to
access the "old" system, which is still 1.1.5.1.

I have to mount the 1.1 file systems ro, because they're dirty. I don't
want to try fsck-ing them from 2.0.5, lest that break something. 1.1.5.1
doesn't see 2.0.5 file systems at all.

Will it?

Also, there seem to be differences in the dislabel. Again, I don't want
to redisklabel it for 2.0.5 until I'm ready to switch over from 1.1.

What are the differences, and which way should I go?