Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 00:10:15 -0500
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   -stable make world problems

Greetings!

I apologize since this has probably been discussed before, but I just
subscribed and I have a little problem. Here goes:

I had a 2.1.0-Release system running fine. I used the stable-supfile
from the examples in /usr/share/examples/sup to get the latest stable
tree. I did a make world and then telnetd no longer works. It gives
me this:

ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "_encrypt_debug_mode" in
telnetd:telnetd

I am not using any fancy encryption, just the standard shadowed
passwords. I thought maybe the problem was with my shared libraries
being out of sync or something, so I tried a couple things like make
libraries and make lib-tools and make build-tools. None of these works,
all complain about a missing libgcc.a.

ld: libgcc.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I know this is an important file. So how do I get one? Sorry for the
lameness, but I thought I would be able to dive into stable without much
help. :(

Thanks!

Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>   HarborCom
Network the World...