Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:40:45 -0500
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        "'Alexander N Shulyak'" <alec@nikts.nk.ukrtel.net>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: unable to use cdrecord on an ATAPI CD-R under 2.2.8.

Well, I'm sorry to say that it looks like I've found the answer to my own
question.  I found after this posting (by looking at dmesg) that I was
getting the following error.
	acd0: rezero failed

I did some searching and found several postings in -current that said my
drive, a MITSUMI CR-2600TE, does not support the REZERO command and is
therefore not going to work, at least with the acd driver I have running
now.

Now my question is, and this is why I'm cc:ing this to -current is, has this
particular problem been addressed in the current release(s) of FreeBSD.  The
thread that addressed this particular issue (in -current) was about 5 months
old.

Incase anyone was interested the URL to that thread is..
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1249191+1251848+/usr/local/www/d
b/text/1998/freebsd-current/19981108.freebsd-current

Thanks again, guess I'll be putting the burner back in the winblowz 98
machine unless someone can help me out with a fix.

-Chris