Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:21:27 +0930 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        chip@chocobo.cx
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Subject:   Re: MacOS X

On 27-Jun-2001 Chip Marshall wrote:
>  I don't suppose there's any chance that Apple will consider releasing
>  a FreeBSD Quicktime player sometime in the near future? I think that
>  QT playback is just about the only thing I'd really like to do in
>  FreeBSD that I currently cannot. (At least with the codecs that are
>  used in the world today.)

Well I'm dreaming but a codec would be nice..

Their player is totally brain damaged, very unstable and breaks UI conventions
(in Windows).

I hate hate hate applications which don't follow the UI conventions properly :-/

(Like WMP v7)

A codec would be nice - of course a windows one would be out of the question
because then WMP could play QT's.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum