Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:41:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        courtney@whtz.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serial ports in perl

You read and write to the appropriate device file just as you would for
any other file, essentially.  That said, I haven't actually done it from
Perl yet.  I have played around with it a bit in C, and it's mostly just
file I/O under UNIX.  See 'man sio' for more information, including which
device file you want to use.

Ken Bolingbroke
hacker@bolingbroke.com