Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:38:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <marco@beishuizen.info>
Subject:   RAID level migration and FreeBSD slice/partitions

Hello,

I would like to add 2 SCSI disks to my RAID controller (an Intel SRCU42X,
the new disks are Seagate Cheetahs 36GB) and migrate to RAID 5. At the
moment the controller has 2 disks attached to it (also 2x Seagate Cheetah
36GB) in RAID 0.

According to the documentation of the controller this should be possible,
but my question is what happens with the size of the slice and partitions
of FreeBSD? Do they grow or do I have a lot of empty space after the
migration?

Hope someone knows the answer.

Thanks,

Marco

--
Croll's Query:
	If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?