Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 2014 07:16:34 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xemacs (zombie port, but worked)

--fpIDgBGFGVhSmQt8Bi4OBFK2n7vKeDtHs

On 08/09/2014 06:42, George Michaelson wrote:
> Is it possible to have xemacs restored as a port/pkg, and also have it
> not collide with gnu emacs?
>=20
> I have to try and support a user semi-addicted to the xemacs flavour.
> It was stable, and worked.
>=20
> Did it have to die? (pkg removed it)

This is really a question for the freebsd-ports@ list.  xemacs was
removed not specifically because of pkg(8) but because no-one cared
enough about it to bring it up to the expected current standards for a
port.  It's not going to magically reappear unless someone with an
interest in having it in the ports tree steps up and knocks it into
shape.  That's not hugely difficult, but it does require some skills
with using subversion plus ability with shell and makefile programming.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.