Date:      Sat, 02 Nov 2002 16:37:02 +0200
From:      Lefteris Tsintjelis <lefty@ene.asda.gr>
To:        Rotaru Razvan <roti_343@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vga modes

	Its a litle more complex than just vga=ext and it is not under the boot
manager kernel options like lilo. U may need to modify rc.conf ttys and
kernel configuration. I include some of my settings but some of them are
for Greek console support though :) Check out the rc.console script. It
will give you a good start.

rc.conf example:

cursor="destructive"
allscreens_flags="132x43"
saver="blank"
font8x8="iso07-8x8"
font8x14="iso07-8x14"
font8x16="iso07-8x16"
scrnmap="iso-8859-7_to_cp437"
keyrate="fast"
keymap="el.iso07"

tty example:

ttyv1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons43  on  secure

U probably also need to include vga VESA support in your kernel.

options         VESA

Regards,
Lefteris