Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 18:28:52 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        bsd-nomads@clave.gr.jp, roger@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug fix for PAO3 for Nokia Card Phone 2.0

Hi,
I have attached a patch to make PAO3 work with the
Nokia Card Phone 2.0.

Currently PAO will panic the kernel
due to a bad CIS tuple.

I'll explain more later but the fix is to
card.c in pccardd.

Look for
     } else if (cio) {
             sio->addr = cio->addr;
             sio->size = cio->size;

             for (i = sio->addr; i < sio->addr + sio->size - 1; i++)
                  if (!bit_test(io_kern, i))
                     return (-3);

and change the IF statement to

     } else if ((cio)&&(cio->addr != 0)) {

There is a entry in the Configuration Entry tuple
like this
        Card decodes 4 address lines, 8 Bit I/O only
                I/O address # 1:  block length = 0x10
                IRQ modes: Level
                IRQs:  4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

There is a I/O address #1 entry
but there is no start_address.

This causes PAO to Panic or hang (it does this randomly)
because it passes the iobase address of '0' to the
sio driver.

Please can you work this into the PAO source please

Thanks

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman