Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:40:20 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        "Brian Somers" <brian@freebsd-services.com>, "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pam_authenticate:conversion error

> Brian
> Now that I have the callback thing out of the way,
> I have a related bug.
> The first time dialing in to the FBSD server after
> a boot, each user gets Pam_authenticate : conversion
> error followed by  8 to 10 stray irq 7 messages.
> The winbox dialer gets a error 608 machine you are
> trying to connect can not be reached.
> The FBSD server ppp -direct incoming task is still
> there hung as seen with ps ax.
> The only way to clear is to kill -9 task#.
> Every following time I login and callback with no problems.
> Any ideas about correcting this?

Ah, yes, you mentioned this before didn't you ?  Is this the ppp
that's hung but accepts pppctl connections ?

If so, can you send me the output of  ``show timer'' twice (with a
few second time gap in between, ``show lcp'', ``show datalink'',
``show physical'', ``show bundle''.

Could you also put ``set log tun command phase lcp ipcp chat'' at the
start of the incoming configuration profile and send me the ppp.log
output ?

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>