Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 1995 19:58:42 +0900 (JST)
From:      Atsushi MURAI <amurai@spec.co.jp>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        pst@Shockwave.COM, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: kern/248: scbus attach/probe printf inconsistency

Please pardom me for interrupt to your discussin..But I missing
prvious discussion due to dowing our mail server.

> > bt0: targ 0 sync rate=10.00MB/s(100ns), offset=15
> > bt0: targ 1 sync rate= 4.54MB/s(220ns), offset=15
> > bt0: targ 4 async
> > bt0: targ 6 async
>
> (Aside: We could add callback to the host adapter to "display target
> info" so that these could be displayedw with the probe messages,
> though that is probably overkill)

It's a common information for SCSI bus by each target and card. So I
will recommend these information should be saved into common
strucuture and and then "scbus" routine show with device identify
later. But I prefer to see this information at boot time and by dmesg
command because when I supporting a people, it's easy.

> > bt0: Enabling Round robin scheme
> > bt0 at 0x330 irq 11 drq 5 on isa

Please keep them also with same reason.

> > scbus0: (bt0:0:0): "QUANTUM PD1800S 3161" is a type 0 fixed SCSI 2	**1**
>
> Yes, I did do this on purpose.

Thanks.

Atsushi.
--