Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 14:34:02 +0530 (IST)
From:      Suma H R <sumahr@sasken.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Suma H R <sumahr@sasken.com>
Subject:   Multiple IP addresses on the same host

Hi,

	We have an ethernet host & many pseudo ethernet interfaces
configured. Suppose I send a packet to pseudo ethernet interface. The
reply from pseudo ethernet interface is sent through the physical
interface. This response, has the IP address of the physical interface
instead of the IP address of Pseudo Ethernet Interface. So, the host which
sent a packet to pseudo ethernet interface, is discarding this packet
because of the IP address.
Can anybody tell me why this is happening & suggest some way to correct
it?
I guess this is happening because we bind the socket to INADDR_ANY. Is
that right???

Thanks,
Suma