Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:26:08 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Ralph Dratman" <ralph@maxsoft.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Valery Izotov" <izotov@gol.ru>, "Tait Larson" <tait@wego.com>, "Ivan Fetch" <ivanfetch@technologist.com>, "Tim McMillen" <timcm@umich.edu>
Subject:   RE: ata1-master: <MATSHITA cr-581/1c05> CDROM device - NO DRIVER!

The matcd driver has been removed from the 4.2 boot floppy
because of lack of space.  It is still in the system and once
you have installed FreeBSD you may compile a kernel with
this device and use it.  If you need to install from this
CD you may create a installation floppy with a custom kernel
with this device defined in it.