Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2007 22:25:31 +0000
From:      "Da Rock" <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid FM PCI & PCCCA

I just had a brainwave (not bad seeing as it was before my morning coffee!)-
but I need to confirm some things first.

Has anyone got both DVB and analogue TV working using the saa driver with
this card? Or has there been an issue with channel scanning?

Now that I remember, what I noticed with Fedora Core 4 (which was far too
outdated for my liking anyway) was that the driver was a philips saa driver,
which gave me the idea to try again with BSD because I remembered there was
an saa driver available for it too. Soooo, I loaded xine into BSD but it
couldn't work without channels. To fix this for Fedora there is a script
called dvbscan with the driver, but it won't work with BSD. There is also a
program called xtv which comes with it, but again only works with linux.

So I'll chase this up and see if this might work. I didn't have any success
with KBTV- I couldn't get it to use the saa module, but that's probably just
me.

Cheers
Da Rock