Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 16:30:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        James Tucker <james@rtxnetworks.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Limiting Filesizes with /etc/login.conf

On Wed, 18 May 2005, James Tucker wrote:

> I have been trying to set max file size limits for class of users on my
> system. I have tried to setup a specific class for this purpose and
> while it "cap_mkdb's" with no error messages when I copy files over to
> the users directory I find that I can upload files of any size!
>
> This is the class that I have configured in /etc/login.conf:

People typically use quotas to enforce filesystem usage restrictions.

Not all of the login capabilities are implemented.  Support depends on the
application in question.  Network servers may run with privilege, which
ignores limits, or not set up the capability's limits.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org