Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:11:47 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Garc=EDa?= Juanino <jjuanino@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Periodic xl watchdog timeouts on 6.2-RELEASE

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

El s=E1bado 10 de marzo a las 02:45:23 CET, Brian J. Conway escribi=F3:
> I'm trying to track down a watchdog timeout that shows on average once a
> day, usually at a random time when idle.  The system has two 3c905C NICs
> and does ipfw+natd duty with a couple services, and spends most of its
> time idle, both CPU and bandwidth-wise.  Nothing out of the ordinary
> happens when saturating my cable connection at ~8 Mbps, be it with HTTP or
> 100+ BitTorrent connections.  However, I'll randomly see in the logs
> during quieter times:
>=20
> Mar 10 00:04:46 imogen kernel: xl0: watchdog timeout
> Mar 10 00:04:46 imogen kernel: xl0: link state changed to DOWN
> Mar 10 00:04:48 imogen kernel: xl0: link state changed to UP
>=20

I had exactly the same problem in my acpi-blacklisted motherboard. I
disabled acpi and the errors vanished. In my case, this error was not
related with NICs, but exclusively with the motherboard.

Regards

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk--