Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 19:49:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Chris=20Ryan?= <chrisryanemail@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make buildkernal KERNKONF  ( etc etc )

Hi

I have looked extensdively in the manual aespecially
around pages 200-210...

I have also read any old mailing lists, but i cant
finsd the problem that i have come accross.

I am trying to turn a p2 - 233 with 128mb RAM into a
FW / router . and need to run natd

I am running freeBSD 5.2.1

My incoming internet access is from wi0

can ping etc - DHCP - gives me IP etc etc

I have copied the GENERIC kernal to 'STUDIO'

and edited in options IPFIREWALL and options IPDIVERT

as needed for natd to run.

when i go to compile in the new way as per page 207

i :-

cd /usr/src
make buildkernel KERNCONF=STUDIO

- it then gives me the error that doesn't know
buildkernel.

I have done these installs many times on similar
machines using the same procedure and never come
accross this.

Thanks in advance

Chris

(Love freeBSD!  - what is that 'L' word??  )

http://au.movies.yahoo.com