Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:42:10 +0200
From:      Laganakos Vassilis <elfshadow@physics.upatras.gr>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: linux-flashplayer9

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 12:29:44AM +0100, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Laganakos Vassilis p??e v p? 19. 01. 2007 v 00:33 +0200:
>
> > I just removed my linux-flashplayer7 port, hoping to get the
> > linux-flashplayer9 working. But after what it seemed like a normal installation,
> > firefox did not show the plugin installed in the about:plugins page.
> >
> > When I removed flashplayer9 and reinstalled flashplayer7 it was working
> > again, without any other changes.
> >
> > I'm using FreeBSD 6-stable, and the flashplugin9 port does not have any
> > notes about changes needed to be made.
> >
> > Any clues about this...?
>
> The ports are exactly the same, just the version number is different.
>
> Are you using (native) Firefox or linux Firefox? The flashplugin is
> supposed to only work in linux Firefox and linux Opera.
>
> --
> Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
>               <pav@FreeBSD.org>
>
> Traffic collapse starts at rumors of snow in Nice (french riviera)
> according to some of my friends :)
>   -- Will at #angband

I use native firefox, but the linux-flashplugin7 worked just fine for me
for a long time. And the only reason I wanted to use version 9, is
because some sites require flash version >= 8.
But I have the impression that it is supposed to work for the native:
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html)

at least the handbook does not state anything about it.

Regards,

Vassilis