Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 13:23:54 -0400
From:      e.knight@ix.netcom.com (Edward F. Knight)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail questions

>>I am looking for some advice (help) on how to poll for mail.
>
>>I have a netcruiser account from netcom (it's cheap)
>>On windows 3.1 I get my mail with eudora from username@popd.ix.netcom.com.
>>This is a POP 3 server.
>
>>How do I pick up my mail with whatever mail tools that are available to me
>>with FreeBSD (pine mh elm whatever)?  Is there a pop 3 client for FeeBSD?
>>Since this is not a UUCP account I can't poll for mail.
>
>Install the package qpopper (or any similar software) on the FreeBSD box.
>This is actually a POP server.  You can still use Eudora as a POP client.
>The only problem I've had is using Eudora as a client for two POP servers at
>the same time without running it twice as two separate applications side by
>side.
>Matt Rosenberg
>Washington University School of Law
>St. Louis, MO, USA
>
>mar7@cec.wustl.edu ; rosenbem@wulaw.wustl.edu
>http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~mar7/

Matt,

You've missed my whole querry.

I want to use Freebsd to pick up my mail from the pop3 server at netcom.

I was only stating that when using windows 3.1 I use eudora to pick up my mail.

I do not have a registered domain for my FreeBSD machine.  However, I do
have very in-expensive internet account with netcom which hold mail in a
pop3 server.

I am using pine to send mail and it is configured to give my correct email
address of e.knight@ix.netcom.com.  What I do not have is the ability to
pick up mail being held in my pop3 account at popd.ix.netcom.com

I have one machine which runs either Freebsd or dos/Windows.

Ted Knight