Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:57:34 +0800
From:      John Summerfield <summer@OS2.ami.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help please

--------
> Hello,
>
> I first install FreeBSD and
> during boot get following message:
>
> mountd: ... bad exports list line /home
> nfsd: ... cant register with udp portmap
>
> In our LAN for the time present - only PC with MS Windows.
>
> How to configure NFS ?

My exports file reads:
bash-2.04# cat /etc/exports
#The following examples export /usr to 3 machines named after ducks,
#/home and all directories under it to machines named after dead rock stars
#and, finally, /a to 2 privileged machines allowed to write on it as root.
#/usr                huey louie dewie
/home   -alldirs    -network 192.168.0 -mask 255.255.0.0
#/a      -maproot=0  bill albert
#
# You should replace these lines with your actual exported filesystems.

bash-2.04#

but it is unlikely to help with Winders. For that, you need samba.