Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 2003 23:59:37 -0000
From:      "Nigel Print" <nigel.print@ntlworld.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X &/or KDE Crash

New to FreeBSD (2 weeks). Running FreeBSD 4.9, KDE 3.1.4, XFree86 4.3.0.

When logged on as a normal user, X and KDE crash back to the virtual shell
after KPersonalizer loads. Errors messages include a Segmentation Fault and
DCOP (aborting calls from anonymous 299 (kded) and 302 (knotify). At which
point KDE shuts down.

However if I run up X and KDE when logged on as an SU it all works fine. In
both cases X and KDE are started via startx and .xinitrc.

Have done a make deinstall on KDE and reloaded and compiled but just the
same. There appear to be no errors in /var/log/XFree86.0.log but I have
attached the log file in case I have missed something.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

TIA
nigel print

---