Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:03:33 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Softupdates panics

According to Don Lewis:
> I hadn't heard this.  I don't know why that would be true.

I remember people getting panics when running noatime with SU. I've got a
few myself (although they were more unstable than now).

> the inodes of files that had only been read.  If you are only reading
> files on the filesystem, I don't see where softupdates buys you any
> performance increase, whereas noatime does.

I just found that it doesn't seem to make a big difference having
both. YMMV...
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-BETA #0: Sat Sep 19 23:38:25 CEST 1998