Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:32:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      winter kf <winter_kf@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sony erricson pccard on FreeBSD 5.4

Hi,

I'm trying to get the sony erricson GC85 pccard with GPRS/EDGE connection working on my Toshiba Satelite M40 Laptop. I manage to get it worked in SUSE Linux 10.0 but not in  FreeBSD 5.4 (no idea how to start).

  I've been searching for documentation on the internet but those are either too specific/ not very helpful (tried various recommendations; nothing worked).

  Is anyone get this card working? kindly please provide some hints/ guidance.

  Thank You Very Much.

rgds,
winter

p/s some data about my laptop

  Toshiba Satelite M40, Pentium M 1.6GHz, 1GHz DDR SDRAM
  tribooting: Windows XP Home, SUSE Linux 10.0, FreeBSD 5.4-
                  release
Sony Erricson GC85 Type II pccard
connection: GPRS/ EDGE
from dmesg, pccard detected (I think :-) as:

  pccard0 on cbb0
cbb0 bad vcc request status 0xffffffff
cbb-power: 0V

another occurence(sorry can't remember very well the actual messages) :

  sio0 (blah.....)
             .
             .
             .