Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 17:14:08 +0900
From:      Hiroyuki HANAI <hanai@astec.co.jp>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG, www@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Local translations of www.freebsd.org

Jordan wrote:
> >   1. Will they be provided on www.FreeBSD.org?
>
> www.jp.FreeBSD.org is the correct place for this given that they have
> the localized infrastructure and the expertise in presenting that kind
> of content.  Where FreeBSD.org itself can help best, I think, is in

I see.
Let me confirm.
Do you mean that we should provide Web pages of Japanese translation
of www.FreeBSD.org on www.jp.FreeBSD.org?

> >   3. Will they be put into the CVS repository on freefall?
>
> This question leaves me wondering as to whether or not a parallel
> effort has perhaps just taken place.  Are you connected with the
> existing translation project, or is this something entirely different?

I am a member of Japanese Documentation Project and am connected with
the the existing translation works such as Handbook, FAQ.
Also, I am one of webmasters on www.jp.FreeBSD.org.
In addition, I have a commit privilege on freefall and I am maintaining
the Japanese translation of Handbook. So, I can maintain the Japanese
translation of Web pages if they were put into the CVS repository on freefall.

Regards,
				Hiroyuki Hanai