Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:32:29 -0500
From:      Alvaro Gil <Alvaro@AlvaroGil.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Syntax error on config.  Can't get sound working.

I am having trouble configuring sound on a Samsung Sens 810 laptop.

Here are the specs.
SoundBlaster 16 sound card
*	address base: 0x220
*	IRQ: 10
*	first (8-bit) DMA slot: 1
*	second (16-bit) DMA slot: 7
*	DSP buffer size: 16 Kbytes

I use these options in he kernel config file:

device pcm
device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x7

But when I run the config script I get the following error:
config: line xxx: syntax error

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.  And all the documentation
online has this exact format.  Please help, I am stumped.

Thanks for your help.