Date:      Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:41:23 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Flash no longer displayed in Firefox

On Saturday 10 December 2005 15:21, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> On Saturday 10 December 2005 07:10 am, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:36:28 -0800
> >
> > "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Good information!  To automate this with portmanager you can add
> > > the following two lines to pm-020.conf:
> > >
> > > #below must be on one line
> > > STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm
> > > STOP|-R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins && ln
> > > -s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|
> >
> > YEAH, the information is good, except for the symlinked browser_plugins.
> > You should not do this. That is, when I'd done this this week, mozilla
> > wouldn't start anymore. Error 76 on X. It stook me quite some time to
> > find out that the symlinked plugins dir was to blame. I removed the
> > browser_linux_plugins and mozilla worked again. All plugins just are in
> > browser_plugins. Having a REAL browser_linux_plugin dir does not harm
> > the system.
>
> I'm running Firefox and don't have Mozilla on any of my boxes. The idea for
> the symlink was so plugins would install in the proper directory and save
> several steps in having to move them. Seems the proper thing would be to
> just remove the symlink after installing pluginwrapper. In a perfect world
> that port would just be patched to do the right install (including paths),
> but that is beyond my programming abilities.
>
> Beech

www/linuxpluginwrapper has a maintainer so I won't waste time trying to get it
fixed but using the example provided earlier plus one more line

#below must be on one line
STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm -R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins && ln
-s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|

#second line
www/linuxpluginwrapper|WITH_PLUGINS=1|

#third line
START|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm -f /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|

Would make the link prior to installation, at installation time libs go to the
right place and after installation the link is removed...

-Mike