Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:32:37 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problesm w/ 4.0-current & wine

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Donn Miller wrote:
>
> > I've got the USER_LDT option in my kernel, and I'm running an `aout'
> > instead of `elf' kernel.
>
> I thought running a.out systems had been deprecated for -current and was no
> longer supported. Since you're running a bleeding-edge codebase anyway, why
> haven't you updated to an ELF kernel?

Did that.  I installed the kernel, updated the new bootblocks with disklabel -B
/dev/rwd0s2a, echo /boot/loader > /boot.conf.  Now, when I enter "-c" at the
"boot: " prompt, it boots with the new boot loader, and never goes into
UserConfig (it continues booting as if I never entered "-c" at the boot
prompt).

Donn