Date:      Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:44:27 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Oliver <urnenfel@tiscali.es>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote name

Oliver,

> > + hccontrol -n nbt0hci remote_name_request headset
> > Could not execute command "remote_name_request". Operation timed out
>=20
> I always get no answer form remote devices (after the inquiry process),
> casting this command. I get only the comand status event...

hmm... very strange. sorry, but i can only tell you this: if your
bluetooth device acknowledge the command (with command status event)
then you should look at the status field in the event.

the command can be either accepted (status field in the command status
event is zero) or reject (non-zero status field). in either case, from
bluetooth stack point of view, things are working as expected, i.e.
communication between the host and the device is not broken, command
gets acknowledged, etc.

is your bluetooth device based on broadcom chip too?

> In which conditions have to be the remote and the local device to be
> successfull ?

i do not think anything extra is required. it should just work. just
tried it with 3com bluetooth dongle and se k700i phone.

beetle# /usr/local/etc/rc.bluetooth start ubt0
BD_ADDR: 00:04:76:e1:ae:2b
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x5 00 00 00 00 00=20
<3-Slot> <5-Slot> <Encryption> <Slot offset>
<Timing accuracy> <Switch> <Hold mode> <Sniff mode>
<Park mode> <RSSI> <Channel quality> <SCO link>
<HV2 packets> <HV3 packets> <u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD>
<Power control>=20
Max. ACL packet size: 128 bytes
Number of ACL packets: 8
Max. SCO packet size: 64 bytes
Number of SCO packets: 8

beetle# hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry
Inquiry result, num_responses=3D1
Inquiry result #0
        BD_ADDR: k700i
        Page Scan Rep. Mode: 0x1
        Page Scan Period Mode: 00
        Page Scan Mode: 00
        Class: 52:02:04
        Clock offset: 0x5bc0
Inquiry complete. Status: No error [00]

beetle# hccontrol -n ubt0hci remote_name_request k700i
BD_ADDR: k700i
Name: K700i

thanks,
max