Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 14:13:18 +0000
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wanna have a freebsd partition on extended partition

hi all :)

ok that's the prob: on my 2 80gig hd's in raid0 => 160gig (ar0) i've
formed several partitions (3 primary WinXP,FreeBSD,Win98 and an extended
with 4 Linux 'slices', 3 Fat32, and at the end there are 6 gig free) i
needed this space for the FreeBSD sources, ports and more stuff. the
only way i could use it i thought was to create an ext2fs and compile
this in kernel - eh voila :)
but every time - every, i try to compile openoffice from the ports
(which needs up to 4gig space) my system crashes (FreeBSD 5-current - i
know it's not stable...). so is there another way to use these 6 gig on
the end of the extended partition, most likely with ufs/ufs2?

thanks for help
cya
Benjamin