Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:23:17 -0700
From:      "David Smithson" <david@customfilmeffects.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Urgent:  DTF tape drive I/O error

Hi.  Please help.  I'm trying to extract files from tar archives on a Large
DTF tape.  Device info as follows:

sa0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 4 lun 0
sa0: <SONY GY-2120 1.20> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
sa0: 20.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 8, 16bit)

When I try to read the tape, I receive the follwing error:

(sa0:ahc0:0:4:0): 524288-byte tape record bigger than suplied buffer

Successive attempts to read the tar archives on the tape returns generic
Input/Output error.

I need these files (film scans for project) ASAP.  Thank you so much for
your help

--
David Smithson - Systems Administrator
Custom Film Effects